How to mention another user!

Everyone is welcome! Discuss potential upgrades to the forum, report bugs, and test the site's features.
Forum rules
Threads not related to site improvement or features testing belong in the village.
Protochad
Site Admin
http://phpbb3styles.net

How to mention another user!

Post by Protochad »

To mention another user in your post you can type the @ symbol immediately followed by their username (with no space in between). Usernames are case sensitive. A small dropdown menu should appear once you begin typing after the @ symbol to helpo you select the right user in case you can't remember the exact spelling. You will notice that the editor automatically places the "mention" bbcode tags around the name for you.

Example: To mention me in a post simply begin typing "@Protochad" and select the name from the dropdown. All active user mentions will appear green like this: @Protochad, if the name isn't green in your post that means you've likely mistyped the username or used the wrong case for a letter.

As with all other tagging and embedding functions you can test to make sure your mentions are active by previewing your posts before you submit them.

Majutsushi
Bio: AVE YAHSHUA REX

Re: How to mention another user!

Post by Majutsushi »

@Bulg
The post above is 100% LARP. Only an absolute FOOL would believe any word of it.

Majutsushi
Bio: AVE YAHSHUA REX

Post by Majutsushi »

doesnt do it for me dawg
The post above is 100% LARP. Only an absolute FOOL would believe any word of it.

Protochad
Site Admin

Post by Protochad »

Majutsushi wrote:
August 12th, 2020, 1:18 am
doesnt do it for me dawg
Gotchu fixed up now

Protochad
Site Admin

Post by Protochad »

Mentions are now updated so that the dropdown matches the current theme, a user mentions button is now available in the full post editor